Friday 11 April 2014

Question Three - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

After creating my Music Video I decided to conduct my audience feedback by videoing people and interviewing the people who did not want to be filmed and making go animates after they had watched it, gaining feedback and their thoughts.

Music Video Feedback

Beth Myers - 18 Years Old

Courtney Talbot - (18) and Autumn Calver - (19)

Audience Feedback from Lauren Cane (18)


Audience Feedback from Harrison Dunn (18)
Audience Feedback - Harrison Dunn by rachel-bower on GoAnimate

Ancillary Text Feedback

Feedback Text Messages about my products.



Below I created questions to interview peers about my ancillary texts that I created, due to no-one wanting to be filmed or having the right time to be filmed when I asked, I did it this way, made notes and made Go Animates instead.

The questions consisted of:

  • Do both of my ancillary texts look professional and realistic? why?
  • What do you like about them?
  • What do you dislike about the products? what improvements could I make?
  • Do you feel I have followed the conventions of my genre well or challenged them?


Millie Bartlett - (17)
ancillary audience feedback by rachel-bower on GoAnimate


Lauren Mabbett - (17)
  Lauren Mab Feedback by rachel-bower on GoAnimate



My conclusion from feedback of final products

All of my thoughts would not fit into one Go Animate, therefore both follow on from each other!
  

I also gained audience feedback from social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. I also received text messages from people who had watched it on YouTube and did not have access to Facebook or twitter. On Facebook you also get the chance to now 'share' posts, my video was shared by four different people allowing people I am not friends with to view the content too. This allows for further views.

















From my online poll, I found that 87% of my audience were female and the rest male, 100% of my audience were between the ages of 15-19, I feel this has been challenged after I have had feedback from older ages after watching my music video. However this backs up my expectation I originally had about what I expected my audience to be like when researching and applying my knowledge to a reader profile which you can see below.




I also gained the knowledge of my audience being well connected to online sites such as YouTube, Vevo, SoundCloud and Spotify. As well as finding out where and how much they watch music videos. The audience questionnaire was sent out to peers of the male and female gender who were the ages of 17 or 18. The questionnaire gave me the understanding of they expect from music videos and who there favourite artists of my chosen genre are so that I could look into the artists and take inspiration from them so that my artists was just as visually attractive to my intended audience.








I went onto YouTube and looked at my analytics of my youtube channel and the views from my music video in the last week. I had gained 62 more views than the week before and YouTube estimated a total of 134 minutes watched. I also gained a subscriber and had two shares of my video in the week. All of this has come from me posting and sharing my video on different sites and allowing for people to watch the video without any of this I wouldn't of been able to gain feedback and improve my video.








I was gaining feedback constantly throughout the production of my music video and ancillary texts from teachers and peers. My first draft feedback came from my media teacher Rebecca Ives this allowed me to improve and get a second pair of eyes on my first big lot of filming. 


However most of Beckis feedback was positive apart from a few comments about my editing and having blank spaces where filming had not been done yet. Gaining this feedback gave me time to improve the video before having constant feedback from herself and peers through quickly showing them what I had done, talking about it and then going away an improving. 

This also applied after my second draft of my music video after all filming was finished. I asked a group of 15-18 year olds to watch my video and give me feedback on what could be done to make it better. It was important for me to gain this as my video was starting to become a finished product and it just needed last little adjustments to be more interesting for the audience. Some of their feedback is below:



No comments:

Post a Comment